Welcome to the sign-up page for St. Margaret’s 2021 Lenten Meditations!
Our Lenten Meditations are short (250 words or so) reflections about scripture, written by parishoners of St. Margaret’s.
Look for them in your inbox each day during the season of Lent.
Want to know what’s required to participate?
View the instructions below.
If you are able to help us write a meditation or two this year, please sign up:
How many meditations can you do?
(If we get enough applications, you won’t necessarily need to do all you signed up for.)
Note: If you’ve already signed up for this year, entering your information here will update it, as long as the name and email address match a previous submission.
Writing and submitting your meditation is straightforward.
Just follow the steps below:
- After submitting your information here, wait patiently until January 17, when you will receive your assignment via email.
- Read your assigned Scripture passage and sit with it.
- What do phrases do you connect with in this psalm? What is hard for you to identify with?
- What, if anything, bothers you about this passage? What do you think God is telling you in this discomfort?
- How do you think this psalm speaks to what Jesus was going through at this time in the liturgical year?
- The pandemic lockdown began in Washington State in the middle of Lent last year. Does anything in this psalm speak to how you have felt since the lockdown began?
- When you’re ready to write, create an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject line, type your assignment number (at the top of your assignment).
- In the body of the email, start with your scripture citation (your psalm). You don’t need to include the text; we’ll handle that.
- Write a meditation of about 250 words. Exact length is not important.
- Add your full name at the end. Include a nickname if people at church know you by one.
- Please email your meditation by Wednesday, February 3, 2021.
Send your meditation to email@example.com